Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Wolverine: Review

Here are some quick thoughts I had about The Wolverine, which I saw last night:

This one is just called "The Wolverine." No catchy subtitle, so I will make one.

The Wolverine: With no other X-men to overshadow me. Okay, there is one mutant named Yukio who in the very beginning, reveals to Wolverine that she can tell you when you die. That's it. She's also very good with swords.

We had a chance at having a "Red Funeral" but they took out ALL THE BLOOD in this movie, so they could still maintain a PG-13 rating while allowing Logan to say "Go fuck yourself." There is literally no blood or wounds in this movie unless it is actually Logan's.

In Marvel tradition, be sure to stay for the scene at the end of the credits. Oh wait, this was in between "The End" and the credits. I guess theaters really want to kick people out. I don't want to spoil it, but it is related to the next X-men movie and I got to see some old friends. It actually put a tear in my eye.

I feel like this installment of Wolverine is more successful than the last because none of his other X-men buddies are around to steal the show, unless you count Jean Grey showing up in his dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment