Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Nintendo Direct for Upcoming 3DS and WiiU Games in 2013

I'm not the biggest Nintendo fan in the world, but because of my childhood nostalgia, I still think I care about what goes in in the world of Nintendo. On Tuesday morning, a Nintendo Direct conference took place and there was tons of news, so I'll make this into a list for you.


1. We all know Super Smash Brothers is an upcoming game for both the 3DS and the WiiU. I'm actually planning on getting this one, even though it will have to be for the 3DS because that's the only current gen Nintendo system I have. On Nintendo Direct, they have announced Sonic the Hedgehog as the newest playable character.

2. Pikmin is getting DLC for $1.99. This is in the form of a pack called "Collect Treasure" which consists of four stages. On October 1, there will be an update for the game and then the DLC will be available to download. Don't worry, there will still be free bonus content for the game.


3. We also have a release date for Super Mario 3D World. The game will release on November 22 in North America on the WiiU. I watched game play on this and it's almost worth getting a WiiU. Mario's newest power is the kitty cat suit, which gives him special jumping powers and lets him climb up to the top of flagpoles at the end of each stage. Also, if you get a cherry, you get two Marios. Almost makes me wish I had bought that Wind Waker bundle!

4. Now for some bad news. Remember how Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Breeze was supposed to release December 6? Well, not so much anymore. The game was pushed back to February 2014.

5. Back to good news. The demo for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies is now available for download on the 3DS. The game will be released on October 24 and will have day one DLC in the form of outfits for the main characters. If you purchase the game between 10/24 and 11/7, you get the outfit pack for free. After that, the pack will be 99 cents. I am under the understanding that this game is only available for download on the eShop.

6. A new Kirby game was announced for the 3DS! What I got from the trailer is that it's your typical Kirby game, but modernized for 3D. It will release sometime this year. That reminds me, I still have my old Gameboy with Kirby's Dreamland. Time to relive some childhood memories...


7. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds now has a November 22 release date on the 3DS. Not only that, but the game will be played a bit differently than before. You will be able to play the dungeons in any order you want. In order to be fully prepared for each dungeon, there will be a shop where you can buy important items normally found in other dungeons.

Well, that's about the most important news from the presentation that I have. Like I said, I'm not the biggest Nintendo fan, but I still have huge respect for them, since they were a huge part of my childhood. I'm actually very interested in buying the 3DS games I've mentioned above, and I'll probably download the Phoenix Wright demo within the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment