Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Grand Theft Auto V Review, Part 1




First Impressions

There's really nothing quite like standing in line before midnight to buy one of the year's most anticipated new games. I was going to skip out on Grand Theft Auto V until a GameStop manager texted me saying there weren't many people in line and there were free tacos. I decided what the hell not, I'll buy it.

I'm actually glad I did. As dorky as it sounds, I really like being part of the day one fuss of a brand new AAA game release. I had my reservations though, because I'm just really not a Grand Theft Auto fan. I like my random acts of violence games to be more tongue-in-cheek like the Saints Row franchise. Grand Theft Auto V delivers a hilarious parody of everyday life that I missed out on in Grand Theft Auto IV.  I honestly think I could drive around Los Santos for an hour just cracking up over radio ads.

The Story

You can play as three different low-life bad guys. The most interesting thing about this is that you can switch between the three characters at any time. Also, their stories interweave each other. They become friends and get involved in each other's lives. You can play almost any mission as any of the three guys, but some missions are specific to each character. Also, each character has a special power that can be activated by pushing in left and right sticks.






My Opinion So Far

Grand Theft Auto V has exceeded my expectations so far. I didn't really plan on buying this game seeing as how I'm not really a fan of this franchise. I don't consider my review of this game to be traditional or professional. This is just a blog post. So with that in mind, I would score this game
a solid 9. If you know me at all, I'm your typical Bioware/Bethesda fangirl, so giving this game a 9 is a really huge deal for me. I could easily see Grand Theft Auto V as being in my top five
games for the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment