Thursday, September 5, 2013

Xbox Live Rewards Are Back And Easier To Understand!

I got an email from Microsoft late last night/early this morning, letting me know that they had relaunched the Xbox Live Rewards system. I thought they suspended the system until the Xbox One would be released (November 22), but I was wrong. Basically, you earn credits that can be converted into either cash, rebates, or discounts.

XBox Live Avatar
My avatar
You can earn credits by completing several different "missions." If you buy 5 map packs between now and October 31, you get 5,000 credits. Make five or more purchases on movies and tv shows, that's 3,000 credits. A real shocker to me was if you download a brand new app that you have never downloaded before and stay logged into that app for 25 hours or more, you get 1,000 credits. This would be easy if you have never downloaded the Netflix app on your gamertag.

You also get points for filling out a monthly survey, renewing your gold account, and referring friends to subscribe to gold. Another interesting way to earn credits is by playing 10 hours of a new release within the first 30 days it's been out. This should be an easy way to earn credits for all the people who recently purchased Diablo 3 this week.

The new website for the rewards program is much easier to understand and makes it easier to track your progress towards credits. 5,000 credits equals $5 USD. If you've racked up at least 5,000 credits, Microsoft will credit you with the dollar amount to your Xbox Live account. You will get two deposits per month, on the 15th and 30th. You can also request early deposits once you reach your first 1,000 points which will be deposited in your account at the first available scheduled deposit date. You know, you really have to get that dollar.

The more I research the rewards program, the more I want to use my Xbox360. It's become a sad Netflix and Hulu machine that I occasionally play Beautiful Katamari on when I'm too lazy to hook up the PS2 for some proper Katamari.

No comments:

Post a Comment