Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I Bought A Playstation 3!

Today I am an official Playstation 3 owner...again...

I had been planning on buying a PS3 for several months, actually when Last of Us was released. I found a good opportunity to buy a 80 GB backwards compatible PS3 at Gamestop last night. I went in right before close and bought it. Turned out the disc drive didn't work. So, this afternoon I decided to spend the extra $20 to buy a brand new PS3. This time I bought what I call the super slim PS3 that came with Uncharted 3 and one year free of Playstation Plus. I also bought Last of Us with my original PS3 purchase, but I haven't been able to play it yet.

I've owned a PS3 before. I believe it was in the summer of 2010. I think I bought it when God of War 3 was released, even though I didn't end up playing that game. I already had a XB360, so I played all my games on it and used the PS3 as a very expensive BluRay player. Then, Gamestop was having this huge trade promotion where you could trade in any PS3 for $200 store credit. This was right before fall, so a lot of games were about to come out. Since the only thing I really played on my PS3 was 3D Dot Game Heroes, I decided to go ahead and trade it in. I think I ended up switching all my pre-orders over to collector's editions with my trade credit.

Anyway, there are a lot of PS3 exclusive games that I'm excited to play. Here they are in no particular order.

last of us

1. Last of Us
I don't know what it is about this game. Yeah I do, it's the story. I had just beat Bioshock Infinite for PC when Last of Us was released and I felt empty inside. I know that sounds pathetic, but I was really wanting to get attached to characters again and feel part of a story. That's definitely what drew me to this game.

ni no kuni:wrath of the white witch

 2. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
This beautiful adventure RPG is made by Studio Ghibli. This game got great reviews and I can't wait to play and review it myself. This will definitely be the second purchase I make for the PS3.

dragon's crown

3. Dragon's Crown
I feel a slight obligation to play as many Atlus games as I can. This is no exception. This co-op RPG was made by the same people who did Odin Sphere and Murumasa, and if you played those, you know this game is going to be gorgeous. I just hope I can find a co-op partner for this.

kingdom hearts HD 1.5 remix

4. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix
Sometimes I'm just amazed that someone thought it would be a good idea to mix Final Fantasy characters in with the Disney Universe. I used to have Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 for PS2, but I traded them in like an idiot. This is somewhat of a chance to get that experience back. The disc includes a revamped edition of Kingdom Hearts 1 as well as Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories. You also get cinematic footage of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

hatsune miku:project diva f

5. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F
I've always wanted to play a Hatsune Miku game and this one was just released a few weeks ago for the first time in the US. I don't have the most extreme urgency for it, but if I can find a used copy, I'll be sure to snatch it up.

metal gear solid: the legacy collection

6. Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection
This really just comes with everything you can think of related to Metal Gear Solid for just $50. It even comes with digital graphic novels. This is a franchise I've missed out on, so I would like to be able to play it all from the beginning.
journey collector's edition

7. Journey Collector's Edition
I'd like to end this list with Journey. I don't even know how to describe this game, seeing as how I haven't played it yet. I just know that I'm ready for something new.

I've been a Microsoft girl for so many years, so now I need PSN friends. Let me know what your PSN name is in the comments below and I will add you!

No comments:

Post a Comment