Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I Have To Buy Eight Controllers Now? *With Update*

Today, Microsoft was full of pointless controller feature announcements. The XboxOne will supposedly have eight controller support. Also, you will be able to use your controller from 30 feet away.


So, in order to get the most out of your XboxOne, you will need a 80 inch TV for your eight player local co-op, a mansion so you can play from 30 feet away from your screen, and eight people willing to come over to your house at the same time.

I've done some extensive research on what kind of games require this kind of support and have come up empty. The only games I can think of that would be playable with eight people on one console would be along the lines of Fuzion Frenzy, Scene It, and Trivial Pursuit. Even then, is it worth buying a next-gen console for games like that? Maybe this is a hint that there will be a Fuzion Frenzy 3.

I try to be polite about the XboxOne. I try to be objective. Then I remember, this is my blog that no one reads and I am not a professional journalist. I've been a Xbox fangirl for so long, but I must say I am definitely not buying the XboxOne at any point during the next generation of consoles.

Update 9/5/2013: Today I was informed about the usefulness of having eight controller capability for the XboxOne. I consulted with a Gamestop employee who reminded me of something called "sports games." These games can allow eight players to play all at once on without having split screen. I asked my boyfriend how this was possible, to which he replied, "Everyone will want their eye on the ball." I would like to issue an apology to Microsoft. I wasn't aware these games existed, and I am truly sorry I doubted you.

No comments:

Post a Comment