Tuesday, August 6, 2013

SteelSeries Siberia V2 Headset

A couple days ago, I received my SteelSeries Siberia V2 pink headset in the mail. I really wanted the purple, but they were over $90. The pink set was $69.99 at the time on Amazon and now all the colors are back to $89.99 as of today.



I was upgrading from my Turtle Beach X12s. My only beef with the X12s was with comfort. After about 5 minutes of wearing them, I felt like I had a vice grip on my head. After 30 minutes of wear, I usually had a massive headache and had to go lay down on the couch. My SteelSeries are the perfect remedy for that. I could probably wear them for 12 hours at a time with no problem. I especially like that the microphone is retractable for when I'm just listening to music or playing a single player game. Also, they cancel out any noise, which is great because my boyfriend's desk is right beside mine and he is always being loud when playing DOTA 2. This headset complete cancels that out and I can concentrate better when I play Starcraft 2.

My only problem with this headset is when I'm talking to people, I can hear myself. I never had that with the X12s. I haven't yet found a remedy for it. Also, people complain that they can hear too much from my end and that they can hear me breathing. Luckily, the retractable microphone is bendable like the X12s so I can place it further away from my face. In the end, I'm very happy with my purchase. I pretty much use these exclusively for sound on my PC. I definitely don't regret my upgrade.

1 comment: