Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Microsoft Points Are So Over!

Today (yesterday? My nights and days are actually mixed up) Microsoft put an end to the point system and are going to be using local currency for XBL purchases from now on. This is pretty exciting, seeing as how confusing the whole point to money conversion system is.
Also, point cards are annoying, because you end up with extra points and it's like what do I use it on? I currently have 220 points on my account which will be converted to US $2.75. I have no idea what I can buy with $2.75 but time will tell.

One downside to this change is that the Xbox Live Rewards program that started at the beginning of summer is going to be put on hold until further notice. Guess where I got the 225 points? Xbox Live Rewards! I got free points for registering my gamertag and filling out a survey. If I was an avid user of the XB360, who knows how many free points I could have right now. For those of you who don't know about this rewards program, you were supposed to get free points during your birthday month, for logging into a certain game at a certain time (Tomb Raider was the only one I noticed them doing it for), and for hours spent playing games purchased on the Arcade. I think you also got points for spending a certain amount of money buying games.

Sadly though, I am retiring the good ol' XB360. I really only play games on PC anymore and I plan on buying a PS4 when they come out (Nov. 15). Until the day comes when I finally trade it in, I can at least enjoy the rest of the monthly free game downloads for gold members.


No comments:

Post a Comment