Friday, August 16, 2013

Should I Play Call of Duty Ghosts?

There has been a lot of news surrounding Call of Duty Ghosts lately, with announcements surrounding multiplayer customization and the newly announced Prestige Edition.



First off, this is the first Call of Duty where you can play as a female. This is in multiplayer where you can create a fully customized character. There are supposed to be over 20,000 unique combinations for character creation. I for one, can see myself making a Mass Effect Ashley Williams clone for this game.



Another announcement is the Prestige Edition. This is going to cost US $199.99 and will be released on both new and old generations of the current systems. The big item unique to this edition is the "tactical camera" which Activision says is just as well made as any tactical camera on the market. Why a tactical camera? It's based on a mission where you have a camera in your helmet. The camera itself comes with three attachments, editing software, and a 4GB memory card. You also get everything that's supposed to come in the Hardened Edition ($119.99), a paracord strap, steel game case, and a season pass for the game. The pre-order bonus for both editions is the Free Fall map.

For some reason lately, I've been following the news on this game. I don't know why because I'm not a Call of Duty fan at all. In fact, I consider myself a COD hater. That's what working three midnight releases at Gamestop for Call of Duty will do to you. I feel sure that this Call of Duty will follow the same formula as the Modern Warfare and Black Ops games, but some of these new features are somewhat intriguing for a hater like me. Especially for the RPG lover in me, I feel obligated to try out the multiplayer character customization.

Do you think Call of Duty Ghosts is an improvement from the others? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment