Friday, August 30, 2013

Who Wants to Take My Con Virginity?

I should really hang my head in shame. This is my confession...I've never been to a convention. Ever. Not even anything close to resembling one. That is why this year I have decided to give my best effort to attend all the local conventions that I can.
First up is Tsubasacon in Huntington, WV. The dates for it are October 10, 11, and 12. Tsubasacon will probably take my con virginity. The convention will be held about a 20 minute drive from my house, so no need to book a hotel, drop the dogs off in a kennel, nothing of that nature.

The one downfall to this is it's really an anime convention. I haven't really kept current on anime in a long time. I'm currently really into Sword Art Online, but I don't know about much else that's current. All the anime I was really into in the past is no longer relevant. I'm also very interested in applying for the cosplay contest they have. I have a few ideas kicking around in my head. I've never been in a cosplay contest before and I've only cosplayed once, as a Silent Hill nurse at a Halloween party. I've been really interested in cosplay for awhile and my boyfriend and I have been especially motivated lately because of the new show Heroes of Cosplay. I have some couples ideas, but I don't think he liked them. I'm really excited and have a lot of cosplay ideas, though, and if I start working on them, I'll be sure to post pictures of my progress on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment